We have decided to go from Fresno, CA to Los Angeles and Disneyland to spend a 3 day weekend without driving or renting a car. In spite of the fact that one part of the trip wasn’t very nice and I wouldn’t do again; the Bus from LA to Disneyland, will use Uber next time.
However, the Uber part of the trip was pleasant and here’s why:
– Setup: Easy download and user setup.
– User experience: Very convenient user interface and easy to use.
– Features: You can have free estimates before requesting a drive.
– Features: Drivers and users can rate each other.
Drivers and cars
– Availability: Drivers were available in all the areas we went to, even on top of the Hollywood Lake Park close to the Hollywood sign, there weren’t any cars passing, I have to mention though that one driver cancelled the request.
– Quality: Very thoughtful, two of them had two bottles of water in case we were thirsty. Another one had a USB charger in the back and front seats.
– They drive safely and not one driver was a reckless driver.
– They picked shortest distance to our destinations.
– Cars quality: Cars were in a great condition, we got an SUV twice, which was very convenient since we were three people.
Price and Payment
– Price: We took different trips and one of them was from Disneyland, Anaheim to China Town, LA that took $40. Trips inside LA cost less than $20 each. These trips were between China Town and Griffith Observatory, between Griffith Observatory and Lake Hollywood Park, and last one from Lake Hollywood Park to China Town.
– Payment: Everything is paid online, extremely easy.
In general, the experience was great and I would definitely use Uber again, drivers told me about how Uber team approve drivers, made me feel safe as they make a background check, request photos of the car and car has to be 2007+ as one driver said. On the other hand, one driver told me that they do get “funny” riders🙂
I tried to use other apps like lyft and sidecar but the apps weren’t as friendly as Uber. I heard they’re cheaper though.
Have you used Uber or the other apps? How was your experience?